Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Goodnight, sweet Josephine

So this is my new car, a Nissan Versa hatchback.......I've had it for about a month and I LOVE it. (And yes I do realize the complete absurdity of buying a new car when I know I will be losing my job soon, but it saves me at least 100 bucks a month over the truck I traded in for it.)

Her name is Josephine. No particular reason why I picked that name, just that I'm a nerd.

Later on I realized there's a Yardbirds song called "Goodnight Sweet Josephine" that I've always liked in which Jeff Beck makes some way cool sounds with his guitar. So maybe that subconsciously factored into the thought process, who knows.

The car is kind of a big departure for me, since I've always been kind of a truck guy. I'll admit, I feel like I sorta turned in my "man card" on this one, but the car is really nice and comfortable and fun to drive. It certainly seems to agree with my checkbook, what with the lower note, better gas mileage, lower insurance and so on.

I've been semi-obsessed with getting Josephine some sparkly chrome wheels and a big honkin' DVD/GPS touchscreen stereo system. Probably will never happen but it's fun to dream. Also, note the very nice window tint job that my lovely girlfriend/life partner got for me. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment