Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things yet to come

It's been a long time since I wrote in this thing, but in my twisted vampire world where day is night and night is day, 2 a.m. on a Wednesday night seems like the perfect time to do it.

Got a lot of things to think about these days. Reflection is something I do a lot. Looking forward to the future is not. But then again, these are heady times. I am getting married in March. I still can't believe it! She is a wonderful, caring, beautiful, patient, funny, amazing woman, my best friend, the person I will grow old with.

I am not the cynical, bitter, self-centered misanthrope I was for so long. Those qualities are still there, but they aren't the sum of my emotional experience anymore. She has filled a huge void in my life, maybe even saved my life, in some respect. For that, she has my eternal love and gratitude.

All this is leading somewhere, and I'm not sure exactly where. But that's okay. Because for maybe the first time in my adult life, I find myself looking forward to the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Our journey is about to take an even crazier turn in one week! :) It's almost baby time!

    ReplyDelete